Friday 31 October 2008

Lolpup sadness, anger and frustration



Yesterday I was hanging around in my HNMLS and they asked if I wanted to come to merit pt with them. I was pleasently surprised because I was on PUP atm and thought "hey, why not, that's a great way to get some automaton archery skillups and cap my buffer!" Well, of course they had thought that I'd come as BRD... Because that's seems to be the only job some people want me to use... And it's just impossible to get decent exp with only one COR and no BRD, right? Yeah, right...

Anyway, I wasn't really interested in being anyones song slave so I stayed as PUP and we got some decent (my expwatch showed 15K/h at the time without band) EXP. And then the guy who put the party together left, because of "real life issues" (yeah, sure). Then another LS member came to replace him as DRG/SAM, he died (well....DRG/SAM on colibris) and left too, without giving any explanation. A couple of mins later we noticed he was in another party with his MNK.

So, at this point, two LS members, who were supposed to be some kind of friends, I think, had left the party, because (I'm only assuming here as they didn't say anything) we didn't have The Ultimate Meripo Setup. Now this is excactly the reason why I've been only partying with my social LS SecretFellowship lately... Because in SF parties we all choose the job we want to play and actually have a good time while we party! And we still get EXP! Sounds weird, doesn't it?

I was pretty upset actually after those too guys left. In my opinion, it was just rude to leave a working party (especially one that included only LS members) just because it wasn't perfect. And I also took it too personally because I've just had to hear a bit of that "lolpup" shit. I have never made fun of my LS members jobs or said that their jobs suck... And I will never do that, because it's just stupid and close-minded.

Anyway, after those guys left, our setup was this: RDM, COR, DNC, PUP, SAM & DRK. Ironically, our EXP only got better after they left, it was around 18K/h without EXP ring (just horrible exp, isn't it). Anyway, I got full buffer, one merit and some levels of automaton archery before we had to disband. Comedies automaton archery skill is now 160/169, but she was doing ok dmg and some quite sweet Armor Piercers.





Those Armor Piercers were especially great when they closed Darkness skillchain, making that damage double! Unfortunately, the colibris didn't seem to appreciate them that much and usually ended up trying to eat Comedie alive after every WS. She only died once though.

I know that WS can and will do more dmg once I've capped skill and learned to use my WS maneuvers better. I'm looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first picture is so sad ; ; *huggles*

But I was very inspired by this post, I wanna level my PUP! All the lolPUP attitude is just ignorance and envy.

John said...

Yeah I agree people are just buttholes about merit parties sometimes. I have pretty much stopped meriting as PUP because people are way too hard to please when it comes to party setups. I basically got tired of bards who won't party without a second bard and Healers and DD who won't party without bards. Campaign and soloing FTW.

Evyen said...

Thank you very much for your comments and support! You made me feel a lot better. ^^