Monday 27 October 2008

Some silly Goldsmithing calculations

Already a second post today but I'm bored while I'm waiting for our slowga LS to gather for Limbus.

I synthed my last Mythril Ingots today! Last time I speculated I won't even get to level 41 with them, but it was better than I thought.

I got to do 14 synths with 2 stacks of ingots:

Time: Iceday, Waning Gibbous 76%
Starting skill: 40.2

1. 0.1 skillup, success
2. 0.1 skillup, fail (lost the crystal)
3. success
4. 0.1 skillup, success
5. 0.2 skillup, success
6. 0.1 skillup, success
7. fail (lost the crystal)
8. 0.1 skillup, fail (lost the crystal and 1 ingot)
9. success
10. success
11. 0.1 skillup, success

DING Goldsmithing 41!

12. success
13. 0.1 skillup, success
14. success

Ending skill: 41.1
Success rate: 11/14

The success rate has been a lot better than I expeced it to be. I started with ingredients for 36 synths and now I have 33 earrings on my mule!

Next I will start making Reraise Earrings from the Mythril Earrings I have. I have already bought one stack of Vivified Mythril (110K ouch!) for those so I can start synthing after next JP midnight. ^^

I did some funny calculations about the money spent on my Goldsmithing. I started this Mythril Stage at skill level 32 and it costed me around 89K to get my skill to 39. As a result I also got 72 mythril ingots, which are worth 384K when sold in stacks in AH. Then I turned the 72 mythril ingots to 33 earrings which are worth 132K when sold in AH... so while I'm making profit considering where I started, but I kind of feel like I've lost money while synthing those earrings. But anyway, while Mythril Earrings only sell for 4K/each in AH, Reraise earrings sell for 16-18K.

No comments: