Monday 25 August 2008

Linkshell fun fun fun!

Yesterday me and my husband went to see an iaido presentation (I don't know the right word in english for this). I needed to leave the LS events for two hours because of that, but it was refreshing and very interesting. I've wanted a new hobby for a long time, and I think this might be it. I'm going to a beginner's course next month and I'm really looking foward to it! I also signed up to study a bit japanese this year, so I'm hoping this year will be interesting.

I decided to take a two week break from the game from September 15th to 28th. It will be a difficult time to take a break maybe, because there will be a big update and I might miss something cool (for example, all pieces of PUP relic drop on one dyna run and I'm not there to lot them). I think it's a big reason for why this game is so addictive. But anyway, I think the break will be great for me.

I've played quite a lot again this weekend... On Friday we had a ZNM run which went really well. I even got something very nice for myself:



At the moment, I'm using that and my Rajas when I'm on my MNK or PUP. I also have two Woodsmans and I'm really tempted to sell them because I'm extremely poor... But on the other hand, I might want to level SAM or some other melee job soonish and then I'd regret selling them... And they're also nice for BCNMs and other capped things. Well, I don't know really.

On Saturday we had some kind of event day with my social linkhsell SecretFellowship. First we did the ENM Sheep in Antlion's Clothing with part of our LS ENM static. Our setup was a melee one (WHM, 2 x MNK, SAM, BLU) and it didn't work very well. But well, the point of the static is to have fun and try different things and setups and get experience. We won the ENM with 14 seconds of time left. Unfortunately, the only drop was Kejutsu satin. Yay, 800 gil for everyone!



After the ENM we did a bit zeni farming with my LS friend who I asked to join our ZNM LS. The zeni guy wanted ice elementals so we headed to Uleguerand Range, me as MNK and he as BLU. Unfortunately, the elemental we picked somehow succeeded to resist most of the Yawns casted on it, so my friend died. Fortunately my friend was kind enough to come raise him and help us with taking the rest of the pictures.

Then me and my friend Shokun went to help our LS mate Lary with his Sandy rank 8 mission BCNM. Lary is always very nice to everyone and I think he actually spends most of his time helping other people, he really is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. I was really glad I could do something to help him. Unfortunately, we had to keep them waiting for a while, but after we got to the BCNM it went really well and we even broke the record!



Then was the time for our LS CoP static Promyvion-Holla run. I wasn't included in the setup so I was spying the run on my husbands screen. It went really well, and again Holla seemed to be the easiest one (probably because that's always the one where we use most animas). Anyway, after organizing 3 Mea runs, 2 Dem runs and one Holla run, everyone but one of our 30+ level linkshell members are finally done with all the promyvions! Good job, guys!

I warped to guide them to the Tavnazian safehold. We ran around a bit doing the map quest and some random quest which gave us all 2100 gil for killing some orc NM (was a bit overkill with 7 people ^^). After everyone had gotten their map, we went to explore the Misareaux Coast and I showed them one of my favourite places in game, the waterfall there. We decided to stay there for a while and have a picnic!



After our little picnic we decided to do a parade gorget run because 3 of our members wanted the item. We had heard the drop rate could be horrible, so we took 12 pop items with us. One of our linkshell members offered his THF for TH, which was really nice. Amazingly, in the end we were 3/3 of the item!



Yesterday I didn't play much because I have the iaido presentation thing, but I did do Bahamut v1 and v2 (we broke the record on the first one and lost to the second one) and Dynamis. For the first time ever, our dynamis leader was unable to attend the run, so he left it to two of our leaders. Unfortunately, one of them didn't seem to feel like leading anything at all, so one of them got all the work to do. Because I'm one of the sackholders in the LS, he asked me to help him with the setup. After that experience I now respect our leader more, it was really a nightmare to try to build a reasonable dynamis setup for the first time. But anyway, the setup worked (at least in my opinion well), we did the boss (at that time our leader was able to attend the run too) and got several drops too. I couldn't believe my luck when this dropped and I got the right to lot it:



That was my first Dynamis-San d'Oria run as BRD on my lot list (it's my second lot job). That was also the only piece of BRD relic I want. And it dropped. And I got it. Amazing!

Now I'm only missing MNK body and head (I'm first in line for both!) and then the PUP relic, when it comes out, if the pieces are as good as I'm hoping they'll be. Then I can just save my points until I have some other job leveled to 70+.

No comments: