Wednesday 6 August 2008

(Hello!) (Nice to meet you.)

So, for some reason, I decided to start a FFXI blog. Let's see how it goes. I can't promise this to be an interesting blog, as I'll write mostly for myself.

I've played FFXI from June 2007, so about 14 months now. I started playing mostly because for the first time in my life, I had time for it. I was forced to take a long vacation because of my health and couldn't really do anything but stay home, play and read. So on June 2007 I created an elvaan female character called Evyen and stepped into the world of Vana'diel.

Now, after 14 months, I have achieved quite a lot in game. First of all, I've made some very great friends, and they are the most important reason for me to keep playing. My first LS, EtVaanOsaa, was very important for me. I experienced many memorable moments with the people in the LS, and even though the LS split up in the beginning of summer, I still consider those people to be my friends. At the moment, I have two linkshells: SecretFellowship is my social LS where I spend most of my play time. Europa is my HNMLS where I do events at least on four days a week. I also have a dynamis LS and a ZNM LS to keep myself even more busy. I love doing all kinds of in game events with a group of friends!

When I created my character, I first started playing as a Monk, which ended up also being my first job to 75 about six months later. After that, I've been leveling Puppetmaster, which is level 73 at the moment, and Bard, which I got to level 71 yesterday but then deleveled in a horrible KSNM. At the moment I'm focusing on leveling both to 75 and gearing them up. I'm not done with the gear of my MNK yet either.

One of my goals in game is completing all the missions and most of the quests. For me the most interesting thing in FFXI is the fantastic storyline. I love doing quests and missions and I like to watch the mission cutscenes over and over again (I have all the ZM and CoP cs on my computer). For now I've done all the CoP and ZM, and I also have rank 10 in San d'Oria. I'll start working on ToAU and WotG missions when some of my friends reach a bit higher level so I can do the missions with them.

In real life, I'm 22 years old. I'm married to most wonderful person on Earth. Now when my vacation is over, I'll be going back to my studies at university. My BA work was accepted a year ago, but I still need to do some courses to get my diploma. Besides of playing FFXI, I enjoy reading and watching movies and my favourite TV series. I've also taken some classes in oriental dance at the university, and I'm hoping to continue that hobby this year.

I haven't had much time to play lately because I've been studying (I have an important exam on Friday). But here are some things I've done:

I did a lot of Windurst quests and was "deep in dhamel doo-doo" with some of them...



My Dynamis LS made our first encounter with Shadow Lord on our second ever Dynamis-Xarcabard run!







Yeah, it didn't end up so well...

I've also been enjoying the summer festival a lot! We made a little LS event out of it and had a blast.









I got myself a new Adventuring Fellow today. Meet Yufafa:

No comments: