Sunday 16 November 2008

Cold cookies

On Thursday we did NW Apollyon. Everything went ok until the last floor, when a BLM succeeded to overnuke and then nearly wipe us all. It was frustrating to die and lose EXP just because someone didn't pay attention to the LS chat and leaders instructions. I don't mind mistakes, they happen to everyone sometimes, but it is irritating to see some people do the same mistakes all over again... How difficult is it just to focus, listen, and do as you're told to do for once?



Anyway, we won the run and I got the PUP item. I have no idea which piece I'll upgrade first, the PUP relic is so awesome I don't know how much I'll use AF+1... Need to check the stats again and think a bit.

On Friday we had a ZNM run which went really well! There was some minor drama though, but it was so stupid and pointless and it's really not even worth mentioning. I popped Iriz Ima because I'm working on tier IV Tinnin pop.

Talking about Tinnin, we popped it on Friday for the first time. We had a pretty good setup:

Tank pt: PLD/NIN, PLD/NIN, WHM/BLM, BRD/WHM, RDM/WHM, RDM/WHM
BLM pt: WHM, RDM, 3 x BLM
DD pt: WAR, SAM, BLU

Our strategy for damage was doing Fragmentation SC with mages MBing with AM2. We had two tanks and many mages for viruna, poisona, paralyna and cures. The strategy was good, but we did one big mistake. We should've made it clear which mage is responsible for which tank and so on. Because we didn't do that, both tanks went down after a while and after that we started to wipe and it was impossible to recover. I think it might have been good to have 2 WHM in the tank pt and maybe even a third PLD. Also it wouldn't hurt to have more BLMs for MB, just to make the fight shorter.

The fight didn't go very well, but I think we learned much from it. Too bad it takes so long to get that pop item, I feel sorry for Pyo who lost his pop.









On Friday we also did some Assaults with SecretFellowship. All went well and it was fun. I also capped my automaton archery skill there! ^^



Yesterday we did ENM run with SecretFellowship. I wanted to try Brothers because we had never done anything in that area and it had some nice drops. Well, we've spent over 2 hours just trying to get to the ENM area... I was such a nooblet, aggroed many mobs and even fell down at some point. It was a disaster... Tahvo summed it up pretty well, he said:

It's funny, you spend all this time to get to 75 so that most mobs are too afraid to aggro you. Then you INSIST on coming to places like this where there are angry cows that can see through invis and all kinds of snowballs that freeze you to death, scary gaping holes where you fall in to oblivion. And even the cookies you packed for lunch are covered in frost so you can't even eat them for comfort, unless you want your teeth broken. ; ;

Here's Vana'diels Top Winter Fashion 2008-2009:

No comments: